“Nearly 40% of pet owners say their pets had picked up parasites from being outdoors in the park.”*
A healthy dog is a happy dog but even for pet owners with the best intentions it can be easy to forget to apply your dog’s parasite prevention products.
Here are just a few reasons why it’s essential to correctly and regularly administer your dog’s flea and worming treatments.
- Even dogs that may not socialise much need to be treated against fleas and worms. You may bring parasite eggs or larvae into your home on your clothes and shoes if you spend time with other pets belonging to family or friends.
- Fleas can cause serious disease in dogs such as flea allergy dermatitis (FAD) and even anaemia.
- Fleas can carry tapeworm larvae which can infect your dog if they accidentally ingest a flea whilst licking or grooming.
- Worming your pet regularly (every 3 months) helps ensure their wellbeing and will reduce environmental contamination and help prevent the spread of infection.
- Since our homes and central heating provide a place for fleas to thrive, fleas are now year-round problem, so it is important to treat your cat for fleas throughout the year.
These are just a few simple reasons why we created Protect My Pet, to help pet owners protect their pets against parasites the easy way, all year round. Join our pack today.
*Survey conducted by Opinion Matters on behalf of Bayer Animal Health, January 2015 among 1,534 dog/cat owners