Privacy & Cookies Policy
Protecting your data is very important to Protect My Pet Limited (“Protect My Pet”, “us”, “our” or “we”). This policy, together with our Terms and Conditions, sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by Protect My Pet. It applies to your use of the website www.protect-mypet.com, all communications between you and us and (unless expressly provided otherwise) all agreements entered into between you and us which involve the collection by, or disclosure to, us of personal data.
Information we may collect about you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- information that you provide by filling in forms on the Platform. This includes information you provide at the time of registering (including, but not limited to, your name, telephone number, address and email address) or at any subsequent point;
- if you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- your responses to surveys you choose to complete on the Platform from time to time;
- details of any photographs, comments, posts, or other information you post on the Platform;
- device-specific information (such as your hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information); and
- details of your visits to the Platform (such as the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from the Platform (including date and time); page response times; page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the Platform).
Sensitive information between your browser and the Platform is transferred in encrypted form using Secure Socket Layer (SSL). When transmitting sensitive information, you should always make sure that your browser can validate the Platform’s certificate.
It is your responsibility to keep your password secure. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although Protect My Pet Limited will do its best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Platform, any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try and prevent any unauthorised access.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration. This is statistical information about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and may be linked to an individual user through other information that is held by us or publically available.
Storing your personal information
The data that we collect about you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area ("EEA"), including the USA. It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our service providers. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing and processing.
Your passwords are stored in the Protect My Pet Limited database in encrypted form. We do not disclose your account details, postal or email addresses to anyone except when legally required to do so.
We will only hold your information for as long as is necessary for the purpose we collect it for, or for such additional time as may be required by law or any relevant regulatory body.
Use of your information
We may use the information you provide to:
- provide you with our services;
- reply to requests for information or any other kind of request as indicated by your correspondence;
- provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those you have already purchased or enquired about;
- allow you to participate in interactive features of the Platform when you choose to do so, including interaction with external social networks and platforms;
- improve the Platform and ensure the content on the Platform is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer or mobile device;
- administer our Platform and for internal operations ,including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising served to you on the Platform; and
- notify you about changes to our service, the Platform.
Information sharing & disclosure
We may disclose your personal information to any business partner, sub-contractor or supplier of Protect My Pet Limited for the performance of any contract we enter into with you, and/or a member of our group.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if Protect My Pet Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets; * in order to enforce the Terms and Conditions and any other agreement between you and us; or
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Protect My Pet Limited, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations.
By registering for an account on the Platform, you give your permission for us to use your personal data for marketing purposes in relation to our products and services. You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data by contacting us (Click Here)
You have a legal right under the Data Protection Act 1998 to a copy of all the personal information about you held by us. On request, we will provide you with a copy of this information at no cost. You also have a right to correct any errors in that information.
The Site may contain links to external websites. We assume no responsibility for the privacy practices or the content of those websites. Therefore, please read carefully any privacy policies on those websites before either agreeing to their terms or using those websites.
If you have questions or concerns regarding this privacy and cookies policy, please contact us via email at email@example.com or via our contact form. (Click Here)