Privacy & Cookies Policy
Protecting your data is very important to Protect My Pet Limited (“Protect My Pet”, “us”, “our” or “we”). This policy, together with our Terms and Conditions, sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by Protect My Pet. It applies to your use of the website www.protect-mypet.com, all communications between you and us and (unless expressly provided otherwise) all agreements entered into between you and us which involve the collection by, or disclosure to, us of personal data.
Information we may collect about you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- information that you provide by filling in forms on the Platform. This includes information you provide at the time of registering (including, but not limited to, your name, telephone number, address and email address) or at any subsequent point;
- if you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- your responses to surveys you choose to complete on the Platform from time to time;
- details of any photographs, comments, posts, or other information you post on the Platform;
- device-specific information (such as your hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information); and
- details of your visits to the Platform (such as the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from the Platform (including date and time); page response times; page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the Platform).
Sensitive information between your browser and the Platform is transferred in encrypted form using Secure Socket Layer (SSL). When transmitting sensitive information, you should always make sure that your browser can validate the Platform’s certificate.
It is your responsibility to keep your password secure. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although Protect My Pet Limited will do its best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Platform, any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try and prevent any unauthorised access.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration. This is statistical information about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and may be linked to an individual user through other information that is held by us or publically available.
Storing your personal information
The data that we collect about you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area ("EEA"), including the USA. It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our service providers. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing and processing.
Your passwords are stored in the Protect My Pet Limited database in encrypted form. We do not disclose your account details, postal or email addresses to anyone except when legally required to do so.
We will only hold your information for as long as is necessary for the purpose we collect it for, or for such additional time as may be required by law or any relevant regulatory body.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information on the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Services, and any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
Use of your information
We are passionate about keeping the UK’s cats & dogs healthy, happy, and parasite-free. We use all of the information we have to help us provide and support our Services. Here’s how:
We may use the information you provide to:
- provide you with our services;
- reply to requests for information or any other kind of request as indicated by your correspondence;
- provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those you have already purchased or enquired about;
- allow you to participate in interactive features of the Platform when you choose to do so, including interaction with external social networks and platforms;
- We use your information to send you marketing communications, communicate with you about our Services and let you know about our policies and terms. We also use your information to respond to you when you contact us.
- improve the Platform and ensure the content on the Platform is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer or mobile device;
- administer our Platform and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising served to you on the Platform; and
- notify you about changes to our service, the Platform.
What we don’t do with your personal information
We do not and will never share, disclose, sell, rent, or otherwise provide personal information to other companies (other than to specific Shopify partners you are interacting with, or to third-party apps or service providers being used by us) for the marketing of their own products or services.
Information sharing & disclosure
We may disclose your personal information to any business partner, sub-contractor or supplier of Protect My Pet Limited for the performance of any contract we enter into with you, and/or a member of our group.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if Protect My Pet Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets; * in order to enforce the Terms and Conditions and any other agreement between you and us; or
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Protect My Pet Limited, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations.
- We do not sell or trade your personally identiﬁable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our Services, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information conﬁdential and are compliant with GDPR.
- We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect others or ours rights, property, or safety.
- Non-personally identiﬁable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Service Providers and Advertisers
We engage service providers to perform functions and provide services to us in the UK. For example, we use a variety of third-party services to help operate our services, such as Shopify & Recharge and to help us understand the use of our services, such as Google Analytics.
We share your payment information with payment services providers to process payments; prevent, detect, and investigate fraud or other prohibited activities; facilitate dispute resolution such as chargebacks or refunds; and for other purposes associated with the acceptance of credit and debit cards.
We may share your information with advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to display relevant advertisements to you on third party websites. For example, if we’ve noticed that you’ve been actively using our reporting features, we may use this data to show you relevant advertisements on Facebook informing you of a new analytics feature we’ve launched.
By registering for an account on the Platform, you give your permission for us to use your personal data for marketing purposes in relation to our products and services. You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data by contacting us (Click Here)
You have a legal right under the Data Protection Act 1998 to a copy of all the personal information about you held by us. On request, we will provide you with a copy of this information at no cost. You also have a right to correct any errors in that information.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation & the Data Protection Act 1998, you have the right to access, rectify, port and erase your personal data. You also have the right to a copy of all the personal information about you held by us. On request, we will provide you with a copy of this information at no cost. You also have a right to correct any errors in that information.
Control over and access to your personal information
Protect My Pet understands that you have rights over your personal information, and takes reasonable steps to allow you to access, correct, amend, delete, port, or limit the use of your personal information. As a subscriber, you can update many types of personal information, such as payment or contact information, directly within your account settings. If you are unable to change your personal information within your account settings, or if you are concerned about data collected as you visit Protect My Pet’s website or use our support services, please contact us to make the required changes. It’s important to remember that if you delete or limit the use of your personal information, the Services may not function properly.
If you have any questions about your personal information or this policy, or if you would like to make a complaint about how Protect My Pet processes your personal data, please contact us by email at email@example.com, or by using the contact details below:
Protect My Pet Limited
152-160 City Road
The Site may contain links to external websites. We assume no responsibility for the privacy practices or the content of those websites. Therefore, please read carefully any privacy policies on those websites before either agreeing to their terms or using those websites.
If you have questions or concerns regarding this privacy and cookies policy, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via our contact form. (Click Here)