“59% of pet owners say their cat or dog has had fleas at some point in the past*.”
A healthy cat is a happy cat but even for pet owners with the best intentions it can be easy to forget to apply your cat’s parasite prevention products. Here are just a few reasons why it’s essential to correctly and regularly administer your cat’s flea and worming treatments.
- Even indoor cats must be treated against fleas and worms. You may bring parasite eggs or larvae into your home on your clothes and shoes if you spend time with other pets belonging to family or friends.
- Fleas can cause serious disease in cats such as flea allergy dermatitis (FAD) and even anaemia.
- Fleas can carry tapeworm larvae which can infect your cat if they accidentally ingest a flea whilst licking or grooming.
- Worming your pet regularly (every 3 months) helps ensure their wellbeing and will reduce environmental contamination and help prevent the spread of infection.
- Since our homes and central heating provide a place for fleas to thrive, fleas are now year-round problem, so it is important to treat your cat for fleas throughout the year.
These are just a few simple reasons why we created Protect My Pet, to help owners protect their pets against parasites the easy way all year round.
Get in touch with our veterinary team or join our pack today here.
*Survey conducted by Opinion Matters on behalf of Bayer Animal Health, January 2015 among 1,534 dog/cat owners